miércoles, 15 de febrero de 2017

modal verbs: uses

Certainty - necessity - recommendation -  - ability - opportunity -   permission - request - possibility -
probability - past ability -  suggestion - conditional - obligation - give permission - request permission - strong recommendation  - expectation - lack of obligation - prohibition -  advice


    1 This must be the right address!
    2 Students must pass an entrance examination to study at this school.
    3 You must take some medicine for that cough.
    4 Jenny, you must not play in the street! 


5 I can ride a horse.

    6 We can stay with my brother when we are in Paris.  
    7 She cannot stay out after 10 PM.
    8 Can you hand me the stapler?
    9 Any child can grow up to be president. 
 
10 Extreme rain could cause the river to flood the city.  

    11 Nancy could ski like a pro by the age of
    12 You could see a movie or go out to dinner.
    13 Could I use your computer to email my boss?
    14 We could go on the trip if I didn't have to work this weekend.

15 This answer has tobe correct.

    16 The soup has to be stirred continuously to prevent burning.
    17 They have to leave early.

18 Drivers have got to get a license to drive a car in the US.

    19 I have got to be at work by 8:30 AM.

20 Cheryl may be at home, or perhaps at work.

    21 Johnny, you may leave the table when you have finished your dinner.
    22 May I use your bathroom?

23 Your purse might be in the living room.

    24 If I didn't have to work, I might go with you.
    25 You might visit the botanical gardens during your visit.26 Might I borrow your pen?

27 You ought to stop smoking.

    28 Jim ought to get the promotion. It is expected because he deserves it.
    29 This stock ought to increase in value. 
    30 Mark ought not drink so much. 


31 When you go to Berlin, you should visit the palaces in Potsdam.

    32 You should focus more on your family and less on work.
    33 I really should be in the office by 7:00 AM.
    34 By now, they should already be in Dubai.





 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario